Monday, November 3, 2014

Experiences in Personally Delivering a Stove Top Oven

When I started doing online selling as a business, I have quite a few of memorable experiences that humbles me yet provides a sense of satisfaction.

Since Im focused on my business of selling STOVE TOP OVENS, its a fact that theres no specific time when an item can be delivered by Xend. Normally its daytime but to avoid problems when a client want its delivered in the office. I have to do it personally.

Scenario #1 Theres this time I delivered In Makati and as standard policy I dont release the STOVE TOP OVEN without my client inspecting that its in BRANDNEW CONDITION before I release it.

I end up with her office mates asking questions about the product, as a Seller I welcome the interest, and in the middle of the inspection a stranger came and said..."mag order ako pero waive mo yun delivery fee."

I smiled but i wanted to scream. Isaid "Mam ang McDonalds nga po may P 40 delivery fee.How can your item be delivered without a delivery fee?"    i dont want to believe its human nature to keep on abusing people.

As a Seller yes I can make adjustments ( not entirely waive it) on the delivery fee if its a Bulk Order, example order 5 STOVE TOP OVENS in one delivery. A businessman can only do so much.

as one person taught me..
.IF I COULD I WOULD....
 SINCE I CANT, I WONT.

At the end of the day, its not Charity, We give goods or services for a considerable fee. Not a donation.

Scenario #2   I was requested to personally deliver the STOVE TOP OVEN with Baking pans to a 12 yr old girl in Makati.  

The mother asked if we could test the oven since she was clueless about the baking likewise the kid, I told her to buy a ready mix that my nephew used for practice baking. Resulta ng larawan para sa maya oven toaster cake

I ended up making a small cooking demonstration using the oven to teach the kid how to use the STOVE TOP OVEN.

It was not a difficult experience, because the parents and sibling were there supporting the little girl.  And they were very accommodating.

I guided her how to use the pans and the way to use the STOVE TOP OVEN.. After 30 minutes we made something similar to this picture.


Using the mini cupcake pan, we used the ready mix to test the oven.

It was a great experience because the kid was very polite, willing to learn.   And very appreciative of the the product I sold.

I thought I was an Electrolux Lady, but in Selling no matter how small or big the cost of the item we sell. At the end of the day we delight the customers and that makes the effort worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment